The Aims of the Association:
- To encourage people who have Down syndrome to fulfill their potential for successful and happy lives, in a society that recognises their abilities and is supportive of their needs.
- To contact parents of newly born babies who have Down Syndrome as early as possible and to provide counselling and support particularly in the early stages of a baby's life.
- To represent the interests and needs of people who have Down syndrome in all aspects of life and individuals' needs, as members of the family and the community.
- To increase public awareness and understanding of the nature of Down Syndrome people so they can lead a rewarding and full life.
- To press for better services and greater choice in the facilities offered to children and adults who have Down Syndrome, such as education, therapy, training and independent living.
- To support professionals in their work and research of Down Syndrome.